While most programs tend to emphasize and expend the majority of their resources and personnel on either an educational component OR the athletic component, they rarely devote time to a combination of the two.
SAL’s emphasis is on the individuality of the complete Student; both at home, at school and on the life skills necessary to navigate the world outside of both environments.
Who We Are
The Student Athlete Lab™ provides an environment conducive to nurturing not only the physical and academic growth of our students but their emotional and social development as well. We are proud to offer our student athletes nutritional analysis and counseling as well as life skill workshops such as interviewing skills, public speaking and more.
What We Do
- Our programs are designed to promote excellence and integrity which will in turn bring a sense of pride, confidence and an excitement for what the future holds for our student athletes
- Athletically, the program provides basketball skills training; court, band, ploy-metric and aquatic conditioning; offensive and defense playing systems and recognition; game strategies, etc
- Academically, the program tracks the students required class units to graduate and pre-college course requirements; offers SAT and ACT prep courses; and college recruitment assistance
- From the standpoint of Maturing the overall person, we offer instruction in nutrition; mind and body relaxation training; public speaking, interviewing techniques; and self-confidence training
- Our overall goal is geared toward promoting and branding the “under-the-radar athlete” by making them camera-ready for recruitment and selection by nationwide college coaches
Our coaches, counselors and trainers accomplish these many program features through “hands-on” training; video production of conditioning sessions and actual games; comparative video production of interviews and public speaking sessions. The essence is to develop an individual “brand” for each student which will enable the Student Athlete Lab” to promote each student to College and University Basketball Coaches as a camera-ready student athletic prospect.
Please take time to check us out at www.studentathletelab.com
The Student Athlete Lab (SAL), based in Pasadena, California offers specialized college-prep basketball clinic, is working to develop complete student athletes on and off the court, and is quietly turning out potential NBA stars: Kenyatta Smith at Harvard, Nick Holden at Puget Sound and Coach’s own son Nick who plays forward at Southern Alabama and his brother, former UCLA Bruin Anthony Stover who has just embarked upon his Pro career signing with the LA Defenders.